Saturday, October 22, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


Ok, I have seriously become obsessed with brussels sprouts. It's crazy because I never enjoyed them until I started roasting these little morsels. I truly believe the key to the perfect brussels sprout is salt with a perfectly browned crisp shell. Now, I've grown to appreciate the unique taste of these little bundled beauties and I can't get enough of them {and my kids are actually starting to enjoy them, too}. This is probably one of the simplest brussels sprout recipes there is, but it is by far my favorite. {It just might be yours, too.}

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb brussels sprouts, washed, ends trimmed, yellow leaves removed and halved or quartered {depending on size}.
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus extra to serve {if desired}
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Place brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to saturate. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt and pepper and toss well, making sure salt and pepper coat evenly.
  3. Pour onto large baking sheet and roast in oven, uncovered, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until brussels sprouts are lightly browned.
  4. Sprinkle an extra dash of kosher salt to your liking {I prefer them salty}. Transfer to serving dish.
Enjoy!

"Brussels Sprouts are high in fiber, Vitamin C, potassium and calcium. They also contain a chemical that appears to block the growth of cancer cells. So, eat up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment