Thursday, October 27, 2011

Onion Roasted Yams


Mmm. Mmm. Mmm. These little guys make for a popular side dish in our house, it is definitely one of my favorites {and yes, I have a lot of favorites}. I find myself making yams quite often and not just seasonally. I prefer them over the sweet potato {no offense}. I like the richer color and I find that they are a little sweeter than it's competition {which makes no sense to me why they aren't actually called the sweet potato. After all, sweet potato fries are actually made from yams, not sweet potatoes. It's really no wonder that we are all confused}. This recipe is so flavorful and makes for such an incredible side to just about anything. It's quick, easy and they are oh-so-good. I find myself eating these little morsels for breakfast with a side of eggs at times. They are simply the best and they {obviously} compliment just about any entree.

Ingredients:
  • 2 to 3 large yams, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch squares {about 4 cups}
  • 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 {1 ounce} packet dry onion soup mix
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Preheat 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large, shallow baking sheet.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine diced yams, olive oil and onion soup. Toss to mix together to coat evenly.
  3. Arrange yams evenly onto greased baking sheet. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, or until yams are tender and slightly carmelized.
  4. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment