Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Soy Roasted Brussels Sprouts


And.....another brussels sprouts recipe. I can't help it, I crave these little guys more than I ever thought I would. It really was just a few years ago that I could tell you I didn't even like brussels sprouts. My-oh-my how our tastebuds really do change {this gives me hope for my kids}. This recipe was simple and, of course, turned out perfect. The soy sauce replaced the salt I normally use on the brussels {since they are best salty}. It was a great alternative for me, since I find myself salting these little guys like crazy sometimes. I paired this recipe with a rump roast and whipped sweet potatoes. It was a little plate of heaven.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and quartered
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Spread brussels sprouts across large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, soy sauce and pepper. With your hands, toss well to saturate.
  3. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until brussels start to carmelize and brown.
  4. Serve warm.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment