Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Coconut Almond Chicken


Yum. Yum. Yum. This is my new favorite chicken recipe. Not only did my husband love it, both my son and daughter loved it as well. My husband requested my thai coconut chicken recipe for dinner tonight, but I didn't have enough time to put it together. So, I decided to get creative and I came up with this amazing recipe to curb his coconut craving. I have to say, I give myself a big pat on the back as I am so proud of these chicken cutlets. They turned out even better than I had imagined they would. They are so flavorful and tasty; I wish I had doubled the recipe for leftovers.

Ingredients:
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 1 {13 oz} can sweetened coconut milk {only using 1/2 of the can}
  • 1 1/4 cup almond meal {you usually can find it at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods}
  • 1 tbsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes or shreds
  • olive oil
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a shallow baking sheet.
  2. Rinse chicken. In a medium mixing bowl, pour {1/2 can} coconut milk.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine almond meal, garlic salt, kosher salt, pepper and coconut flakes. Mix well.
  4. Soak each chicken piece in the coconut milk, saturating all sides. Then, roll each saturated piece in the almond meal mixture, pressing the almond mixture to coat generously to each chicken piece.
  5. Place each chicken piece on the greased baking sheet. Bake {uncovered} for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken pieces begin to brown.
  6. Remove baking sheet from oven. Drizzle olive oil across the top of each chicken piece and place back in oven for another 5 to 7 minutes to crisp and brown.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment