Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Pecans


Once again I was craving brussels sprouts, so I decided to make this side dish for dinner tonight. These brussels turned out great. I found a similar recipe in my Sunset magazine, which inspired me to saute the sprouts this time and add the pecans {which I loved}. It is a quick and easy side dish that is perfect for the fall season.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
  • 1/2 cup pecans halves or pieces
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper

  1. In a large stovetop skillet over medium-high heat, combine oil, butter, garlic, salt and pepper and heat until bubbling. Add pecans and toss for 3 to 5 minutes.
  2. Add brussels sprouts. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
  3. Serve. Season with a dash of salt and pepper, if desired.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment