Sunday, November 13, 2011

Asparagus and Ham Frittata


I love, love, love quiches and frittatas for breakfast. My Mom always made quiches for us growing up, we would eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They were always one of my favorites. I had some asparagus and ham that I wanted to use, so I decided to put this together this morning. So easy and so good, it is my kind of recipe. I enjoyed a frittata slice with a large glass of orange juice this morning and I am a happy girl.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1 cup ham steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 cup swiss and/or gruyere shredded cheese {I use them both together}
  • pepper to top

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease a 9 inch round or tart pan {I prefer a tart pan}
  3. Spread half of the asparagus and ham cubes evenly across greased pan.
  4. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs. Combine the eggs with the milk, salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and shredded cheese. Mix together.
  5. Pour egg mixture in the pan covering the asparagus and ham cubes. Add the remaining asparagus and ham pieces evenly to top. Sprinkle a small amount of extra pepper.
  6. Bake uncovered in oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through. To test, insert a toothpick in the center, it should come out clean.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment