Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Broiled Mint Lamb Chops


When I was little, I remember my Grandmother Virginia preparing the most amazing meals {and cakes}. One meal that was most memorable was her lamb with homemade mint jelly sauce. She had the most amazing mint garden, I can still remember the smell {and beauty} of it like it was yesterday. If only I could re-create it. So, with that memory, I decided to make lamb chops with a mint sauce. Although, it was not the same recipe as hers, it still had that wonderful familiar taste of lamb and mint that to me, is the most wonderful combination. These chops were full of mouthwatering-goodness while reminding me of those wonderful moments with my grandmother and it made me smile.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup fresh mint, rinsed and chopped
  • 4 tsp garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp kosher salt
  • 1 tbsp ground cumin
  • 2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 4 lamb chops
  • salt and pepper to taste

  1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine olive oil, chopped mint, garlic, salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, coriander and pepper. Mix together. Pour into a gallon-size ziploc bag or large bowl.
  2. Add lamb chops to mint mixture. Zip and shake bag or rub to saturate. Place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes, or longer.
  3. Remove from fridge and preheat broiler.
  4. Arrange chops on broiler pan or baking sheet. For medium-rare chops, broil 5 minutes on each side. For medium, broil chops 7 to 8 minutes on each side. For medium-well, 10 minutes on each side.
  5. Transfer chops to a serving platter and drizzle with the extra pan juices .
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment