Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Grilled Cream Cheese, Turkey and Cranberry Sandwich


We had such an amazing Thanksgiving with our family this year with a total of 52 family members together {yes, I said 52. And, it is all family.}. Our parents house was filled with aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, children...it was a great day. We had 5 turkeys, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans, green salad, deviled eggs, gorgonzola and cream cheese celery sticks, pumpkin cookies and pie after pie after pie....I am getting hungry just talking about it. It was a great Thanksgiving to be very thankful for. With so much food, this made for lots and lots of leftovers {thank goodness}. We have been eating turkey all weekend! So, yesterday, I decided to do something a little different with my daily turkey intake {no wonder I've been so tired lately}. I love the standard cream cheese, cranberry and turkey sandwich, so I decided to grill mine this year {which I have never done}. I loved it. I gobbled it down so fast I could have eaten two. I highly suggest you try this, if you have not. It really is the best thing since grilled cheese...gobble, gobble.

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices of sourdough bread {per sandwich of course}
  • thick slices of turkey
  • cream cheese
  • fresh cranberry sauce or canned cranberry sauce {they are both great for sandwiches}
  • softened butter
  • pepper

  1. Preheat medium skillet over medium-high heat.
  2. Generously spread butter on one side of each bread piece. On one slice, spread a good amount of cream cheese on non-buttered side. Top with turkey slices and sprinkle turkey with a dash of pepper.
  3. On the other slice of bread, spread a good amount of cranberry sauce across non-buttered side. Top cranberry sauced slice on top of turkey {butter side out}.
  4. Grill until lightly browned and flip over, continue grilling until both sides are lightly browned and warmed through.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment