Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Love, love, love these chocolate chip cookies. They are thin, slightly crispy and moist, just like we like them. I adapted this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, although, the original recipe calls for 2 cups of chocolate chips and I think 1 cup is just enough. You decide. I think this recipe is just perfect {and my kids do as well}. The only problem I have with these cookies is they seem to vanish quicker than I can make them.

Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Mix in brown sugar, white sugar, and baking soda. Beat until mixed well, scraping the sides of bowl down occasionally.
  3. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Combine the flour slowly and beat until mixed. Use a spoon to stir any remaining unmixed flour.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
  5. Scoop the dough using an ice cream or cookie scooper {or tsp}. Drop dough balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes {I bake for 10}, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
  6. Using a spatula, lightly press down on each cookie to flatten. Transfer cookies to a wire rack or parchment paper to cool.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these just as the recipe stated and they were delicious!! My daughter had asked me to make flat, soft chocolate chip cookies and these were perfect! Thanks for sharing! And what a wonderful gift to your children, all your favorite recipes! My sisters and I (I'm 58) have been going through our grandmother's things, searching for recipes that bring back precious childhood memories!!

    ReplyDelete