Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Panko Breaded Chicken with Greek Yogurt

This is almost so simple, I debated on even posting it. Yet, because it is SO easy and calls for almost nothing, I just had to share.  Most breaded chicken recipes call for eggs and flour and I wanted to do things a little differently tonight.  I decided to use the last bit of greek yogurt in the fridge and these breaded chicken breasts turned out fabulous.  ALL of my children ate this chicken and enjoyed it {now that is definitely something to talk about}....


Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and trimmed of any fat
  • 1 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 2 cups Italian panko bread crumbs
  • dash of salt, {if desired}
  • {Yep, that's it!}

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly grease a baking sheet.  
  2. Rinse each chicken breast and pat dry.  Set aside.
  3. In a medium mixing bowl, add Greek yogurt.  
  4. In another mixing bowl, add panko bread crumbs and a dash of kosher salt, {if desired}. 
  5. Roll each chicken breast in the Greek yogurt, until you have a nice layer on each side.  
  6. Then, roll the yogurt covered chicken breast in the bread crumbs, until saturated on each side.
  7. Place each chicken breast on lightly greased baking sheet.  Repeat for each chicken breast.
  8. Place in oven {uncovered} for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.  

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled on this recipe from doing a search for chicken and greek yogurt. This looks so delicious that I pinned it to Pinterest- I hope you don't mind! I didn't have Italian Panko crumbs, but I'm doing part plain Panko, part Italian breadcrumbs. I'll let you know how it turns out, and I look forward to reading your other recipes. Thank you so much for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Making this for dinner this evening, thanks!

    ReplyDelete