Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Honey Coated Brussels


Check these little beauties out. They are just as good as they look. Of course, I had to have brussels sprouts on our menu again; I can't stay away from these little guys too long or I will start having withdrawals. This time around, I decided to coat them with honey, to sweeten them up a bit. My husband and I loved it. They have the perfect sweet and salty combo. And, with just enough pepper {if you are daring}, it gives it the perfect spice.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb brussels sprouts, rinsed, ends trimmed and yellow outer leaves discarded
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper {or 1/8 tsp if you are not so daring}

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Place brussels sprouts on a shallow baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and honey and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  3. Toss well, using hands to saturate all sides.
  4. Place in oven, {uncovered} for 25 to 30 minutes, or until brussels start to blacken and crisp.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment